2 1/2 lbs - Boneless Skinless Grateful Graze Chicken Breasts
1 - 28 oz can - Green Enchilada Sauce
24 oz - Chicken Broth
1 cup - Half & Half or Heavy Cream
2 - cups Monterey Jack Cheese
4 oz - Cream Cheese (cubed and softened)
4 oz - Green Salsa Verde
Salt & Pepper to taste
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- In a 6-quart slow cooker add chicken breast or thighs, green enchilada sauce, and chicken broth. Cook on Low 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. Add shredded chicken, jack cheese, cream cheese, half and half, and green salsa to slow cooker. Turn slow cooker to warm and stir until cheeses are melted. Add hot sauce or additional salsa to taste.
- Serve and enjoy! Delicious topped with avocado, cilantro, green onion, and sour cream.
Istant Pot Instructions:
- Cook your chicken on high pressure with 1 cup of broth for 8 minutes. Do a quick release after 10 minutes. Remove chicken and shred.
- Set pot to sauté medium, and add remaining broth, shredded chicken, green enchilada sauce, salsa, and heat until warm. Add cheese and remaining ingredients. Stir until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- In a large stockpot, add chicken and broth. Simmer until chicken is done and can easily be pulled apart. Remove chicken and shred.
- Add shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, half and half, jack cheese, cream cheese, and green salsa to the pot. Stir and heat soup until it is warm and the cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve with additional green salsa, hot sauce, and sour cream on the side. Enjoy!
Other Tips & Tricks
- This recipe makes a mild to medium spice soup. To add spice, use additional green salsa or a green chili hot sauce or diced jalapeños.
- Make sure cream cheese is softened before adding it to the soup. The quickest way to soften is to remove it from the package and place in a microwave-safe bowl for a few seconds at a time on low - until very soft.
- VARIATIONS: Feel free to add diced vegetables such as mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers, or onions. Add jalapeño pepper if you like more heat. You can also add black beans, white beans, or corn.