- (1 pound) Flat Iron Steak
- (As needed) Olive Oil
- (1 Tbsp) Coriander Seeds, crushed
- (2 tsp) Paprika
- (1 lime) Lime Zest
- (2 tsp) Garlic Salt
- (1/2 tsp) Black Pepper
- (1 medium) Red Onion, thinly sliced
- (6 medium) Rainbow or Regular Carrots
- (6) Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- (2 tsp) Sea Salt
- (4 ounces) Spinach
- (As desired for toppings) Limes
Grilled Mexican Flat Iron
For the steak:
1. Line a sheet pan with foil and place steak on prepared pan. Combine the crushed coriander, paprika, lime zest, garlic salt and pepper in a small bowl and stir to mix.
2. Brush the steak with olive oil and sprinkle with the coriander rub mixture. Press the rub into the meat with your
fingers. Flip the meat over and repeat on the other side. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to high heat. Spray or oil the grill grates.
4. Remove steak from refrigerator and drizzle lightly with a bit more olive oil. Place the steak on prepared grill and grill for 7-8 minutes on the first side or until nicely browned. Flip steak and continue grilling until internal temperature reaches 130-140 ̊F with an instant thermometer, about 6-8 minutes more. Allow meat to rest, loosely covered, for 10 minutes before slicing, thinly across the grain.
For the veggies:
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil In a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and garlic and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in the spinach and lime juice and cook until sizzling and spinach is beginning to wilt, about 12 minutes. Serve with the sliced steak with warm tortillas and lime wedges and/or with rice.