- (2 each) Tenderloin Cut Fillet
- (A pinch) Salt and Pepper
- (1 Tbsp) Oil
1. Remove your steaks from the fridge and let sit at room temp for about 30 minutes. This allows the fibers to relax and helps your steak cook more evenly. - the closer the whole steak is to it's final cooking temp, the better.
2. Preheat your pan over medium heat. I used a cast iron, but any pan that can go into the oven will work!
Add oil or butter in my case. You want an oil that can stand the heat; grape seed, canola, etc.
3. Season your steak with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Our steak doesn't need anything else because it has such a delicious flavor. Add the steak to the preheated pan. You should hear a nice sizzle. Let the steaks brown well on each side (about 2-3 minutes per side). Once it is browned, place into your preheated oven that is 350 degrees.
4. Remove from oven and let sit for about 10 minutes prior to slicing - this helps the meat fibers relax and prevents you from loosing all the delicious juices. Our steak was about 8 oz. and we finished it in the oven for about 8-10 minutes. That brought us to a final internal temperature of 145 degrees. This is a good medium which is perfect for us.